Where do I start...
Well, saturday morning we made it to the airport (thanks Jess and Kellie for taking us) and had plenty of time to get all checked in and relax a little. I'm a horrible flier so I wasn't too relaxed! We boarded the plane and I prepared for the worst. I was praying and praying for it to be a smooth ride and for Emmet to not get too upset. I mean just what everyone wants on their flight, a fanatic pregnant woman with a screaming child! To our pleasant surprise Emmet LOVED flying. The sound of the planed lulled him right to sleep! Then our second flight came...this is the one I was really dreading. It was a 4 hour flight and I just knew Emmet wouldn't sleep because he just had an hour nap on the last flight! SURPRISE!!! The little champ slept 3 of the 4 hours to Orlando! And the hour he was awake he was so much fun. He was just laughing and playing and being such a good boy! Then I jinxed us!!! I turned to Ryan and said "man, this day is too good to be true....I thought for sure we'd run into some problems along the way!" GOOD ONE, APRIL! From there on it went from bad to worse to unbelievable....to kill me now! Let me just say that if you plan to come visit (which you all better because I miss you all terribly!) make it a direct flight and DON'T change airlines, what a nightmare! We were originally flying Delta then switched to United to save a little money...it wasn't worth it! We had to leave all the gates and start completely over at the check-in desk at United, go through security again (even though our baggage was checked all the way through???) and make our way in 15 minutes to board our flight! Oh, yeah...and p.s. our terminal was on the complete opposite side of the airport! AHHH! So, just picture pregnant me speeding walking with Emmet on my hip, while Ryan lugs our 2 million pound carry-ons while pushing a stroller and balancing a carseat! What a sight! Hahaha! THEN we can't find our e-tickets! We have our boarding passes, but not our other tickets so we can't board!? After the lady at the terminal frantically pages anyone can help for about 20 minutes we find the e-tickets in our carry-on. How embarrassing! Then the lady gave us an annoyed glare and we made our way onto the plane. Whew, right!? WRONG! It was a little crop-dusting plane...a 20 seater and we were the ONLY passengers! The pilots looked like they were 19 and I just knew I was going to die!!! I start bawling, almost in a panic attack and Ryan had to be laughing because I was being so dramatic...I don't care though...I'm pregnant, ok! Emmet, our little angel falls asleep for the umpteenth time and Ryan just sits back and relaxes! The first part of the flight really was scary, though. We passed through the storm like a fly through a tornado (or so it seemed to me!). One flight left! We then made our way to our last flight, changed airlines again, and had to go through security again! If you're tired of reading this...try living this! We got on our last plane and made our way from Miami to Grand Cayman. The flight went well and Emmet fell asleep again! Then we stood in line and waited to get through immigration. All done, right? Nope! We go to claim our baggage and nothing ever comes!!! Not one piece! We stood in line again and placed a report for our lost luggage and hopped on a taxi to our condo hoping for the best in the morning! We get to our condo and our landlord lets us in and he quickly leaves. So we sit down in disbelief, glad that our taxing day is finally over! We were so excited to be "home" and decided to take a tour of the new pad. One word...EWWW! They must've forgotten to call the cleaning people! Our condo was a complete disaster! I mean dirt and grime everywhere...you should've seen the toilets!!! Barf! I couldn't even put little Emmet on the floor to play it was so dirty! Ryan and I just lost it! I was bawling and I know he must've been on the brink of tears! I mean come on! We just decided to go to bed and start over in the morning. To wrap things up, we had to check into a hotel for a couple nights so they could get the cleaners to steam the rugs and couches because they were covered with animal hair! Oh, yeah and we had no access to a phone to call family to let them know we made it there safely. We felt awful we couldn't call home to even complain about our day to anyone. I think that our little family never felt so small :( 3 days later our luggage showed up though...thank goodness! Our place got cleaned up and we were able to move in, Ryan started school, and we are now finally adjusting. I'm really grateful we just got our phone and internet hooked up (just yesterday) so we could contact anyone back home! I know this is long, but I had to post it because it was just to surreal! Now that everything is clean I really like our place and Ryan I know is enjoying school. Emmet loves it here...he was made for the islands! One thing really sticks in my head that my sister told me though..."be grateful for small blessings." Emmet, I know was that blessing. Through it all he was such a champ. Never whined or whimpered and always had a smile for us. Even waiting out in the hot sun at the airport, with his cheeks beet red and sweating...he has been so sweet! I know that's what kept us going! But I'm sure glad I don't have to get on another plane for 15 months!!!
Sep 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment