
I was hoping I would never have to write a sequel to my lizard escapade.... but... today I had the son of the lizard I had conquered earlier try and avenge its mother/fathers death.... how do I know that this was a male baby lizard you ask..... well its easy.... all sons are obligated to avenge their parents death, hence this babies responsibility....
I was minding my own business, sitting (with my clothes on) at the kitchen table trying to prepare my for my Shelf Board Exams next Thursday when my Optic Nerve relayed a very important message to my brain... It told me hey.... Ryan... you're about to be ambushed... So I glanced up and saw glued to my ceiling a baby brown anole lizard. Luckily I was high on Mt. Dew and my reflexes were that of a scared deer on the Opening Day during hunting season and I was able to move rather quickly.
My first worry was that this "beast" could leap at me any second, and how in the heck am I going to catch it when its on my ceiling. I thought that I would just grab a chair and stand on it, then place a glue trap on it... but this involved me putting my face within 1 foot of it and I wasn't willing to take that risk of it jumping on my face and scratching my eye balls out. So I had to ghetto rig my broom along with a glue trap. I took the glue trap and ripped out a piece of the sticky part. Then I stuck it to the back of the trap and then stuck it to the broom handle. Then I did what any fighter does before a fight, I threw on my Ipod and briefly listened to my Rocky Soundtrack, did a couple of push-ups to get the blood going, and drank a red bull to give me the energy I needed to catch this monster.
As I approached the lizard though, my plan seemed to go into complete and utter chaos. It leaped from the ceiling and ran under my couch... Well I quickly got on my stomach to see where it was at..... I could see it plain as day underneath the couch and I could see it sticking out its tongue... Well.... there weren't any flies around since I just did my laundry and so I took it as a form of taunting... I shoved the broom under the couch, which sent it at a full sprint heading for my kitchen... Well.... I could see it heading for my Mt. Dew Box and that just sent me to a frantic state of mind and so I threw the sticky trap at it. It landed square on the lizard stopping in its tracks... So..... this now brings the conclusion of the 2nd lizard that has entered my domain.
Now why is it.... that when April and Emmet were here with me we didn't have one lizard in here... and now that I'm here by myself I've had 2 run ins in a matter of 2 weeks... It has to be because these lizards know that the man of the house "Emmet" is no longer here and so they are trying to claim this "land".... Well.... I got news for you... Anole's I will not relinquish control of this condo that easily... Next time I'll bring more than just glue traps back with me here... I'll bring my bow staff and ninja star collection to unleash all heck on these reptiles... Then I'll go out back and find this wild rooster that is obviously blind, by how it crows at 3am in the MORNING!!!
On another note.... I have had doubters tell me that they don't believe me that I caught the last one... and that I actually lost that battle and am too afraid to admit it.... Well I got news for you.... I'm keeping this one. As a matter of fact I may place this trap (with the caught lizard) on my wall to serve as a symbol for any other lizard that wants to step foot in here... We'll just have to wait and see...
4 comments:
Ryan,
I must say that this story was as funny/funnier than the last one. You crazy guy. I just have one little word of advise for you.
Keep your door closed. :o)
p.s. Did you check out Emmet's new coat and hat?
Love the analogies and excellent use of vocab :) That is crazy that you are having all these run-ins with the wild life. I really would appreciate you hunting down that rooster. I hear Bear is looking for a sidekick...you should send him your resume.
I would send in my resume to be "Bear's" sidekick.... but there's just one thing holding me back...
I don't want to drink my own pee :)
Ryan---usually I check your space to see cute pics of your cute little boys. Today I found myself reading your blogs. Especially like the one of the win over U of W. To bad you are so far away, Pete has season tickets to Cougar basketball and I am sure you would love to go to a game. Anyway, I am suspose to be working but found myself reading about you and the lizard. You are so funny. Then I read about you and the deer at Christmas. Keep it up, you made my boring day fun. Pam Vanourek
Post a Comment