Jan 10, 2008

Emmet's First Birthday!!!


Yay! Emmet is one years old! I honestly have to say he had the best birthday a one year old could possibly have. From the moment he woke up to time he went down he was all smiles! Ryan was so cute, Uncle Scott and Ryan went and got party supplies and after that Ryan spent the entire night baking a cake (we both don't really like cake, but we had to have one to decorate for the party!), making a cheesecake, and a personal cheesecake for little Emmet. After that he blew up balloons and a punching bag (I'm surprised he didn't pass out!) and finally got to bed around 2 am! What a great dad! The next morning I'm sure was all worth it though! When Emmet saw those balloons he hit the ground running at maximum speed! He went crazy hitting them and jumping on them, it was hilarious! After that we got him ready for the day, putting him in his very special "Birthday Boy" outfit, (Thanks Grandma Moberg!) and played and played. That night we had a special birthday Dinner at Michael's that just about everybody attended(I was sad my family couldn't come, but they were all sick)! We had planned on going to Uncle Scott's basketball game because he LOVES them, but it got canceled due to bad weather...bummer! After dinner we opened presents, sang "Happy Birthday" and let him tear into his birthday cake! He was laughing and yelling all the way! I really couldn't have imagined a better birthday for him...he loved to open the presents and he got so into the birthday cake...it was picture perfect! I'm so happy that we came back to Washington just to see him have a birthday party that more than just mom and dad could be at. I mean how boring! I can't believe that he is one though...time sure flies! And what a fun little guy he has turned out to be! He really is exactly what we pictured...so funny, full of energy, and the loviest little guy you could ever imagine! We love you Emmet and Happy Birthday!!!

4 comments:

Ryan and April said...

LOL.... this is by far the most hilarious pic that we have of Emmet. Man....Emmet sure did love that day...

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Oh dear those pictures are the CuTeSt!!!! I'm so sad we missed out! I can just imagine him laughing and screaming. It's very obvious that he had an amazing time. Oh what a cutie!

Moberg Family said...

That was a fun day and you did a great job getting everything ready for it. Good job Dad. It's alot of work being a parent, huh!! It was so nice to have you here for the holidays and Emmet's birthday. Have enjoyed April, Emmet and Weston's company these past weeks! Hopefully they won't forget us when they return to the island!! We'll visit soon!
I'm proud of you. Love ya,
Mom

Grandma and Grandpa Sainsbury said...

That little Weston has the cutest smile. I tried and tried to get a grin out of him when he was here, this is a good one. Emmet is adorable. I am so glad that we got to share some time together. I love you all so much. April, you are a great little mom. We love you. Mom and Dad