Feb 24, 2008

Poor sick babies :(



So, about a week ago Weston woke up with the most horrible sounding barky seal cough :( It kind of came out of nowhere so we just watched it. By Wednesday he was so much worse so we took him to the doctor. Turns out the poor baby has an upper respiratory infection. He hadn't been sleeping well at night and I was completely exhausted so Ryan (bless his heart) offered to take him that night. Come to find out he was up all night with him with a fever! I felt horrible! My poor little two month old and my sweet husband for having to stay up all night then go to school early the next morning. Now Weston is feeling much better thanks to the antibiotics, but now little Emmet is getting sick! Yesterday he woke up from his nap with a low grade fever :( He had a fever all through the night and it's still lingering today. We're hoping he can fight it off on his own, but we'll see. Needless to say last night was the LONGEST night we've had in a long time. Between Emmet up screaming every 2 hours and Weston up for feedings we both got absolutely no sleep (I almost think these pictures were taken at the only time these boys were actually sleeping)! Today we've been walking zombies with huge headaches...ugh! We both agreed we've aged quite a bit in the last few years...I'm feeling 30ish already and I haven't even made it to my 24th birthday!
I thought with this warm weather we'd be in the clear from these bugs...darn! It's the saddest thing in the world to see your little guys so helpless. Hopefully this passes quickly!
I have to say though that I have the BEST husband in the world. He has been the greatest dad to our boys. I don't know many dads' that would stay up all hours of the night in order for their wife to catch up on some much needed sleep. Let alone be up with a baby with a fever. The best part is I know that even though he is so bombarded with school and stressed to the max with our crazy life he rarely complains and is always there to help me first and foremost. It's not because I nag him or complain (which I know I do...sorry!) it's because he loves his little boys so much. So it's more of an act of love then anything else. I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate him. So thank you SO SO much for being our "World's Best Dad"! We're so happy to have you! Love you!

2 comments:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

April I'm so sorry about the sick little boys. It seems to always happen that way though! You guys tackled it well though, and they do look tuckered out. I love you all tons! Get feeling better!!!!

Moberg Family said...

Poor little guys! I was excited to see Emmet still likes his pillow and bed. He was always such a cute sleep, even sick. I hope that they are doing better now and that the two of you don't get it. Love ya!