May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!



Today's the big day for April, and she deserves it. Not very many people have two kids in the "SAME YEAR" and not have them be TWINS! What she has had to go through during that time is something I would not have wished upon my worst enemy. But of course... like the wife and mother I knew she was, she got through it and hardly ever complained about it. There has been hundreds of experiences April has gone through, that have just blown my mind. She had to travel here with me to the Cayman Islands on a 12 hour plane trip while she was almost 7 months pregnant with Weston. At one of our connections we were booking it to catch our next flight. She grabbed Emmet, took him into the bathroom to change his diaper, and realized that there was no changing table. So... she took him in one of the stalls and changed his diaper on her lap, dodging round house kicks from Emmet, while being 7 months pregnant. Then.... how can I forget flying back to Washington when she was 8 months pregnant to have Weston. What a nightmare that was. But... of course she was amazing and we got through it just fine. We had to spend the next month apart from each other while I finished my semester... but not once was I worried because I knew how strong/independent April is.

April tries to give me a lot of credit for being an awesome dad... but... I am no where near the level April is as being an awesome parent to our two sons. April does hundreds of things that she doesn't get enough credit for. All the days being sleep deprived, all the days tending to our sons being sick, and just doing the everyday tasks are some of the examples she has been able to overcome. She is always up to date with even my Med School schedule. She knows when my Block exams are and steps it up BIG TIME... to give me extra time for studying. I could not have done as well as I have if it were not for her.

She has provided a tremendous amount of structure and order to our sons lives and it shows. She is the type of mother that every child would dream of. She always puts our two sons before anything else, and makes sure that all of their needs are met, while having an absolute blast everyday. April's energetic personality, tremendous sense of humor, and unconditional love provide the perfect combination of representing a perfect mother. Just by watching Emmet and Weston with April, you can clearly see how much they love her and love playing with her. April wrestles with the boys just as much as I do, and they LOVE it. Weston is a complete mama's boy right now. I have to absolutely make a huge fool of myself to get Weston to laugh. All April has to do is just say his name to him and he laughs uncontrollably.

So on behalf of Emmet and Weston... thanks MOM, way to REPRESENT!

P.S. alright mother-inlaws.... I know the past two Mother's Day, we've told you guys we were having another kid. Well.... NOT THIS YEAR!!! LOL.......

4 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Sainsbury said...

APRIL,
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.
Ryan,
Those were music to any mom's ears. Best gift ever. We love you.
What? No babie announcement for mother's day?

Moberg Family said...

April, what a good picture of you! You look gorgeous! Love the necklace. Happy Mother's Day to you. Very nice tribute, Ryan. Give those boys a hug for me.

Annalee Taylor said...

This is the sweetest thing I have ever heard Ryan say...nice job...your gonna get some loving for that!! And...APril your gorgeous girl. Love the pic. How sweet was this. Thanks for sharing Ryan.

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

April, that picture of you is amazingly cute! You look great, an I miss you guys tons. April is truly a trooper and I'm so proud of her! Ryan, what a nice tribute... She deserves it. I hopw all is welL! Love ya guys tons