I just wanted to write and brag about my super cute husband...the future M.D. :) He is not only the BEST dad, he's also a wonderful husband :) I'm so lucky to have such a patient, hard-working, motivated, and above all fun and sweet husband. This is only his 2nd fathers' day and he's getting pretty darn good at it!!!
These last few years have definitely been trying for us having two kids in a year and moving to another country for Medical School and no one has handled it better than Ryan. He really embraces any hardship or challenge we have and puts a positive spin on things. I am so grateful to have a light like that in our home. It truly makes things easier when you can laugh about them :) And we all know Ryan is the biggest jokester of them all!
But what I really want to let Ryan know is that he is an awesome dad. He really goes above and beyond with our boys. For most dad's the kids are mainly the side-job (in a sense) and mom's take the main role, but not for Ryan. When he comes home from school he immediately starts his second shift and helps me out so much with the kids. And because he is so hands on with them he has formed a really strong bond with both of them...a bond that I don't think kids usually have with "dad." I think Emmet actually prefers his dad...haha :)
When the kids are sick or up at night crying he is up with them as much as I am. Consoling and kissing away teething pains or bad dreams. I can't think of a sweeter picture than a dad up in the middle of the night rocking his baby :( Melts my heart. The best part is I don't even have to ask him to do things. He just voluntarily gets up in the morning so I can sleep a little longer or makes lunch for Emmet while I take a little too long getting ready for the day. It's things like that that really mean a lot to me and I know the boys really love having him around the house...because he really is a kid just like them...at heart anyway!!! So THANK YOU babe for being a wonderful husband/dad to me and the boys. I don't know where we would be without you...so from all 3 of us...."WE LOVE YOU, DAD!!!"
Love,
April, Emmet, and Weston
1 comment:
I agree with you April, Ryan is a pretty awesome Dad, Husband and can I add, Son! Wish we could see more of each other, but someday, we will make it happen. I am proud of you and all that you have accomplished and continue to achieve. Hang in there and continue to reach for the stars!! Love ya, Mom
Post a Comment