Today we decided to take the boys to their very 1st movie (Emmet actually had his 1st movie with his Grandma Moberg...she's pretty brave :) but it's his 1st with us! ) and of course we chose to see Wall-E! Ryan has been talking about taking Emmet to a movie for a few weeks now, so I wasn't sure who was more excited...him or Emmet!? They just built a brand new theatre complex down the road from us and it was SO nice. There were lots of cute little shops and a fun restaurant we plan on trying out sometime in the near future. They also had this really fun mini splash park that lots of kids love to splash around in. Emmet LOVED the movie and did really well...I was pretty surprised. He talked through the whole thing saying: "what's that!!" (slurred of course. It sounds more like those old budweiser commercials...Wassssup! Hahaha!) and "WHOA." We call Emmet Wall-E because everything is "WOW" or "WHOA!" Weston was a champ too. He just sat on our laps the whole time, drank his bottle, took about an hour nap, and barely a peep out of him. I was in heaven. We could've never taken Emmet to a movie at that age. I couldn't even get him to sit on my lap for 5 minutes! Emmet ate lots of popcorn and had lots of orange pop ( I know, I know...bad mom. But I swear I brushed his teeth really well after!!!) Afterwards we went back out and let Em splash around in the water...he had a blast :) It was the only way we could get him to burn off all that excess energy from sitting for almost 2 hours, so it was much needed!

The boys patiently waiting for the movie to start.

Me and Em...Emmet was so into the previews and popcorn. He's one serious snacker!

I brought this sippy cup for Emmet, but Wes ended up drinking it! I guess he can drink from a sippy cup? Who knew!? He is pretty strong too. That thing was filled to the brim with ice water and he could hold it all by himself!

Here's Em splashing around. He didn't run right up to it so I thought he might be scared of it...until he got one hand wet! Then he just lunged in and started splashing like crazy! He seriously is the biggest water bug. He was drinking it (Ewww...I know. He wouldn't stop) and even dunking his face in it!

"WHOA!!!" As Emmet would say...haha. This wasn't his favorite thing!



Starting to shiver...time to go! Even as he was shaking cold he still wouldn't get out of the water...I had to drag him out! We'll come back soon!
2 comments:
Good job April and Ryan! Taylor still talks about the time that we took Emmet to his first movie and how we fed him popcorn and Junior Mints!! It's so fun when you get to start doing stuff like that. Those fountains look like lots of fun. How cute that Emmet would just go out in them like he did. Those would of felt good in Vegas when we were there. It was over 110 everyday while we were there! Too hot! Love and miss all of you. Glad that you are having some fun!
Ohhhh I love the pictures of Emmet all soaking wet! And the family movie looks so great! Those boys are so adorable. They really need their Aunt to watch them so you guys can get a break! : ) I miss you all so much
Post a Comment