Aug 19, 2008

Moving to the beach!

Our lease is up the end of the month where we're living now, so my wonderful husband has been house hunting for us. Well, he delivered! He found a place right on the beach and the owner was cool enough to let us sign a 3 1/2 month lease! Most places would only settle for a full year...and I don't want to be here for that much longer...I miss our families way too much, even if it is beautiful! Today we went and saw the area and peeked in the windows of our new place and it got us SO excited to move. Ryan actually went and saw it without me (I made him take a camera though!), so it was my first time seeing it, and I couldn't be happier! It's so awesome to just walk down a little sidewalk, turn the corner and see the beach. Emmet was loving all the grassy courtyards and sidewalks. I was a little nervous about the beach...the last time we went it was a complete disaster. Both kids hated it and cried the entire time. I thought I'd take it slow and just let him lead me where he wanted to go (hand tightly held!) and he walked right on the beach down to the waters edge and would laugh every time a wave would crash on the beach...we couldn't believe it! Last trip he would scream if he got a grain of sand on him and would shake when he went close to the water. I'm in heaven! Days are going to be so much more fun now that we can spend more time on the beach and let him run in the grass. I'm already feeling less cooped up now that we will have more fun places to play outside. Where we are now our backyard is full of wildlife and the grass is like bamboo shoots! Our new place also has a really nice pool and picnic area...and even a kiddie pool! Yay! I think my favorite thing about the place is that it's closer to the main attractions and shopping, but still really private and tucked away. We took a bunch of pics so you may be scrolling for awhile :)



Our beautiful backyard...

What a view, huh!

I had to post this picture...Emmet's face just cracks me up. The whole time we were walking around he was just saying "WHOA!" and "OOOOHHHH!" Haha! I'm glad our little busy body approves :)

This is in the middle of the complex and it's all sand and lounge area...It reminds me of a postcard...nice picture taking Ry!

Courtyard and in the distance is the pool area...I guess there are actually 3 pools and a jacuzzi...they even have a fun swim up snack bar (well, bar...but only snacks and smoothies for us!).

It was so darn hot out so I thought it'd be a good time for Em to try out the kiddie pool. These are his new shades...what a stud.

I can't wait for family to come...I love picnics and swimming!

The heat got out of control and we had to take off.....poor baby Wes, what a miserable face :(

When we got home the boys needed to cool off and needed lots of refreshment...Emmet just wanted to play in the water.

What a little goof :) I wish we could move tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

I'm incredibly jealous of your next abode. It looks so nice and inciting.