Nov 7, 2008

Hurricane Paloma


As you guys have now learned, Hurricane Paloma is set to punch the Cayman Islands in the face this evening. It is estimated to be either a Category 1 or 2 when it reaches the Cayman Islands. The even more disappointing aspect of it, is that my parents are here visiting us this week, and are therefor trapped here with us. April and our two boys were suppose to fly back to Washington with my parents this Saturday, but now have to wait until Monday to fly out, due to the airport shutting down.

Word from the Cayman Island Government, is that we should expect 4-6 feet of storm surge, along with 30-40 foot waves!!! I could be wrong, but it doesn't help any that our condo is 20-30 yards from the OCEAN!!!

This should be an eventful night, but we are prepared. Having my parents here with us definitely helps, and makes this process of weathering a Hurricane that much more comfortable. Its just too bad that my parents had to visit us right before a Hurricane smacks us. Its pretty much been dumping rain for the past 4 days!

We will keep everyone posted. Stay Tuned!!!

P.S. I would also like to add one IMPORTANT statement! My PARENTS are completely delusional when it comes to Hurricanes :) They are thrilled about this Hurricane, and have actually spent a lot of time today strolling the beach, while 85 mph winds smack them, along with a billion gallons of rain hitting them. We'll see who's laughing when 1am rolls around and this Hurricane reaches us full storm.

I do have to admit though..... I am actually 5 seconds away...... from going outside and having April videotape me while I do an Al Roker impersonation. LOL....

2 comments:

Jana Street said...

Funny stuff Ryan! I do want to see the Al Roker imitation for sure! I don't know if you heard your mom talking to me on the phone, but she said that if they weren't there to calm you during this hurricane, you would probably be found hiding under the table in a fetal position! Ha ha But you're right it might not be a funny event once it actually passes through. I guess it's just funny and ironic that as soon as your parents get there, a hurricane decides to make a visit too! We will look forward to the Al Roker video, pictures of your parents' visit, and the hurricane on your blog! Put on your swimming trunks, and batton down the hatches!

Love you guys!
Jana

P.S. I can see the boys get thier good looks from you.....because April still has hers!! hahaha

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Sigh.... the sad part is that we all have discussed how we would love to be there during a hurricane. However, I would rather be there than you guys there. I just worry about you all. It was nice talking to you finally. I'll say a prayer and call if the power isn't out! Love you all tons!