
Before we flew back to Washington to drop April and Emmet off, I ran upstairs to make sure we didn't forget anything to take with us back to the states. In our bedroom stood a brown anole lizard measuring in at 2-3 inches and 4 ounces. I grabbed the broom and swung at it like a drunken sailor before it ran under the bed. The taxi was on the way so I didn't have time to search for it so I had to concede the battle and fly back to Washington. But..... this lizard was not forgotten. Before flying back I went to Wal-Mart and purchased 8 different sticky glue traps. Right when I got back to our Condo here in the Cayman Islands I methodically laid out these traps and checked them throughout the day hoping to catch this little pest. I usually study until 2am, and when I go to bed I first lay there and envision this lizard crawling over my face while I'm sleeping and so I desperately wanted to catch this lizard to ease my mind. But.... things took a dramatic change when I got out of the shower today.
I walked into my bedroom and there he was..... sitting in the middle of the floor almost taunting me... Luckily I was well hydrated and had just ate lunch (Captain Crunch cereal) and so I was prepared for this battle. I grabbed the broom and swung at it like a 3 year-old swinging at a pinata. This lizard performed some matrix like moves and scurried under the dresser. I scared it back up against the wall and hopped on top of the dresser. I then slammed the brissels of the broom on it, which I thought would definitely kill it. It looked stunned for 2 seconds and then ran under the bed. I wasn't close to throwing in the towel and crawled down under the bed. I managed to then again scare it out of the bed and back under the dresser. I then frantically grabbed 4 sticky glue traps and arranged them around the dresser. But when I got down on my stomach I couldn't see the lizard anymore. So in a fit of rage I hit the dresser with the broom hoping to scare it out. Well..... it didn't come out and so I thought that it had escaped, but right before giving up I decided to pull out and slam the bottom dresser drawer. When I did this it ran out of the bottom of the dresser and its tail got stuck on one of my methodically placed glue traps. It then just sat there, almost trying to tell me that I had won. So I then grabbed another glue trap and approached this little booger. It then frantically tried to get away, which only made itself even more stuck. Before I placed the 2nd glue trap on this lizard I thanked the lizard for the challenge and gave it an "A" for effort. I could be wrong.... but I could have sworn it bow downed to me.
Then I put my clothes on.... LOL and threw it away in the dumpster outside
So now I can get back to studying and sleep well tonight, for once....
Its too bad April has the camera back home, because it would have been hilarious to post a pic of the lizard in the glue trap...
2 comments:
Ha Ha Ha, that was so funny, that made my day! THanks for the visual!!!
Ryan,
I truly think that you are seeking the wrong profession. You need to be a writer for Seinfeld or some great comedy show. What a nut.
I am glad you got your lizard.
ewwww!
Post a Comment