Feb 27, 2008

A fun afternoon with family

Today Ryan's Uncle Eric and Aunt Amanda came through town. They are on a cruise visiting all the islands and luckily we got to meet up with them for lunch and visit for a bit. It has probably been about 2 or maybe even 3 years since we've seen them and we always have a great time when we're with them. We ate at this really fun restaurant on the water and had a good time catching up. They even treated us to lunch...you guys are too sweet! They got to meet both our little guys for the first time, too. It was so nice to see some friendly familiar faces because being so far away from family it almost feels like we might as well be in a different universe! It was almost surreal to see someone from back home here with us. Definitely a nice change of pace. We wish everyone could come and stay with us while we're here!

All of us at the yummy restaurant "Paradise."

Amanda and Weston...He loved just hanging out with her during lunch.

Eric and Emmet :)

Here on Cayman there are wild chickens...during lunch one was walking around and Emmet was determined to catch him...we couldn't get a pic of the chicken though, he was too fast!

Emmet warmed up to Eric really quickly after he let him drink some of his strawberry/banana colada (virgin, of course). Actually he drank so much he had to order another one! Eric was sweet enough to let him eat off of his plate too. After that he and Emmet were buds!

Getting some snuggles in :)


The restaurant is right on the coast line so we had a beautiful view of the water and the huge cruise ships...there had to be atleast 5 or 6 of these big guys!

This was the whole group right before we had to say goodbye...we will miss you guys! It was so much fun!

4 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Sainsbury said...

What great pictures. I am so glad that you had some company and had a chance to get out and get some sunshine. The boys look great and so do you guys. Love to you always. Mom

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Oh fun! We were just at their house last weekend. It's weird to think they were with you guys now! lol It loks so warm and sunny there.... I want to go!

sainsburys said...

I cant believe how big the boys are getting! They are such cuties! I hope that they are feeling better, Nathan got my cold, so he is feeling under the weather too, no fun having sick babies! Take care- love you guys

Moberg Family said...

Cute pictures!! I am jelous that they got to see you in the islands before I did, but I am glad that you were able to see some family finally come to the islands. Makes me want to come and see you right now. We will see what we can do about that!! Thanks for sharing. I forgot that Eric and Amanda had never even met the boys!!