Apr 15, 2008

1st year of Med School complete!!!


Ryan is standing proud, as he should be, he conquered his first year of Medical School and passed with flying colors! It was a grueling process for him, but as you can see he is still standing on both feet...he survived! Although he did suffer from an ongoing aneurysm, chest pains, and on occasion loss of consciousness (due to sleep deprivation!)he managed to pull through. The funny thing is that these symptoms would only pop up right around test time...hmmm kinda suspicious. But the doctor knows best, right!? That's when I remind him he's not a doctor yet and he shouldn't try to self diagnose!
What a crazy year though. Besides having Med School on his plate he had to deal with prego me, Emmet, the birth of Weston ( I know he missed it, but it adds to the stress level!), traveling across the country back and forth and back again! Whew! He deserves a break from all that! But what a stud for handling everything so calmly and doing so well under pressure! Proof to me that he has what it takes to be an awesome doc. I'm so proud of him for completing his 1st year...I knew he would, but it's so nice to actually be able to say it and know that he is one step closer to M.D. status. And not only did he just pass he did AMAZINGLY well in all his classes. Not an easy task...we've seen LOTS of students flunk out or drop out this early in the game! Way to go babe! So now we have 3 weeks to be together as a family. We'll be sure to keep you updated on all our fun outings now that we don't have to worry about yucky 'ole school!

3 comments:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Little Weston sure has a big smile and I love it! And Emmet and that blow-up car are so cute! haha Congratulations to Ryan--what a relief! haha I knew that you would do well, and I'm just ready for you guys to be back in th States!!!

sainsburys said...

I have never seen a baby smile as much as that little Weston! What a cutie! Emmet looks like he is having tons of fun. Good job only completing the 1st year- The hardest one is over! Or so they say anyways.... Have fun the next few weeks, and enjoy the sun!

Grandma and Grandpa Sainsbury said...

CONGRATULATIONS RYAN.....WE ARE PROUD OF YOU.
The boys are too cute. Love Emmet's new car.