well it is now 10:30 pm (central time). we are absolutely getting hammered by the strong 80 mph winds and rain. Here's a cut and paste from an article at weather.com
"Hurricane Gustav is now impacting the Cayman Islands with flash flooding rains and strong gusty winds. As of late Friday evening, there have been reports that the islands now have no power, with other reports of downed trees and high waves battering the area."
I'm glad that we are not one of those unlucky ones who doesn't have any power right now. Our lights keep flickering, which tells me our power isn't far behind.
A school official that lives by a canal here on the island, told Ryan that the water level has risen 3 feet already, which is at its max before it starts to spill over. We have also heard from that the center of the hurricane is 50 miles away above us, so its not directly hitting us...... but it definitely is letting us know that its here.
I'll post later as things progress...
Aug 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you guys are okay!!!!!!
Post a Comment