Sep 13, 2008

Dad and Emmet's Hilarious Beach Experiences





April usually posts on here, but its 2:30am and I wanted a break from studying so that I could post two of my favorite and most hilarious experiences that I've had with Emmet in the last week.

Emmet and I usually go either into town together to run errands, or go swimming, or just go for a walk when Weston takes his first nap in the morning. Now that we live directly on the beach, it has been hilarious watching him play in the sand, and be adventurous with the Ocean.

Last week Emmet and I went for a walk around the beach and pool area, and came around a corner when all of the sudden...... there was a 3 foot Iguana basking in the sun on the sidewalk. It kind of caught me off guard, but NOT Emmet. He let go of my hand, pointed at it, and yelled WHOOOOAAAAAA!!! Then..... he took off at a full sprint running right at it, with his hand out like he was going to grab it.

Ofcourse I ran after him, telling him to stop..... but ofcourse he had already decided on what he wanted to do.... and that was to Catch the Iguana... LOL....

As soon as he got 3 ft away...... the Iguana took off and ran about 10 yards and sat behind a chair. I was along side Emmet by now making sure that he wouldn't grab the Iguana. Emmet didn't slow up one bit... he kept chasing after the Iguana. As soon as he would get a close to the Iguana, it would take off again..... and then there would be Emmet..... still chasing it.

Emmet probably chased it around the Pool Chair 3 times before the Iguana ran down the sidewalk and climbed up a tree. Throughout the whole process.... Emmet was right behind him and even ran to the trunk and pointed up to it still saying "Whooooaaaaa!!!"

I was on the verge of peeing my pants the whole time by laughing so hard following Emmet while he chased this Iguana. The most hilarious part came when I picked him up and turned around. You see..... Treasure Island Resorts is located right next to us, and when I turned around with Emmet in my arms, there were probably 10-15 people standing at their balcony's leaning over watching Emmet the whole time and they were also Busting up laughing. Man.... for Emmet to chase an Iguana nearly the same his size, was quite the experience.





The second story occurred one evening when April, Emmet, Weston, and myself went out to the beach. Emmet had his sand tools out and was having a blast playing in the sand, when all of the sudden........ he grabbed a fist full of sand and shoved it all in his mouth.

The look he gave us right after doing this was "Ohhhhh Crappppp... what did I just do" type of a face..... Emmet didn't know how to spit, so he was trying to get it all out with his fingers. I was also pulling sand out, which was caked to his teeth and gums. I even poured water in his mouth, but all he did with that was swallow it.

In the end it just made another funny story to add to this experience.... Emmet probably thought the sand was actually Sugar for all I know...

P.S. And yes.... his diaper the next day was full of sand :)

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Sainsbury said...

Those are the best stories ever. I loved them. Those pictures of Emmet are priceless. He is such a little man. Can't wait to see you guys. Love you all.
Bonnie (aka) mom

The Lancaster Crew said...

I always love to look at your blog. Your boys are so adorable, you must have a lot of fun with them! My email is lancasternat@gmail.com. Yeah, i canceled my myspace account which makes it hard for anyone to write me anymore.