
What's up everybody, I'm just taking a little break from studying to post a little thread to update everybody. First of all, I would like to congratulate Annalee on her news of being pregnant. April and I are very excited for you guys.
Since I don't a have a camera down here, I thought that I would post this funny road sign from here.
I'm still living my so-called "dream" down here, learning how to save lives :) and improve the health care of this and future generations to come :) I can't tell you how many times I've thought "I wish I went into Nursing, because I'd be done by now, and I wouldn't have $150,000 in debt already. I can't believe that I am only 2 weeks away from being done with Basic Sciences. I thought this day would never come. I will no longer have classes and will just be spending the next 2 years rotating in hospitals, pretending to act like I know A) what's wrong with you, and B) How to cure you. That should be interesting. I first will be at Maine Medical Center, where I will be taking my Board Exam. Everytime I think about taking that exam, I black out. Then..... when I finally wake up, I assume the fetal position in the corner of my room and pull a Nancy Kerrigan "Why, Why, Why Me!"
When April and the boys flew back home, one of my best friends down here moved into my place, which helps because now I can split the rent of our condo down here. His name is Chase and he's a red-head from Canada, and a pretty hilarious guy. This is a guy who became our SGA President by walking into class in Super Man Tights, where he than gave his speech to the Student Body on why he would be a good SGA President. Then at our White Coat Ceremony, you had to write down on a card, what you want the Announcer to read (So your name and how to pronounce it) Well the Professor reading off the names, was our Psychology Professor who Chase has a crush on, and he wrote on his card "Marry me Chase". She didn't catch it until AFTER she read it, and the whole room of 600 people erupted in laughter. Oh yeah, and he's the only person under the age of 50 that I know of that has hair implants, and he loves it. He combs his hair like Conan O,brien. When I ask him why he got hair implants, his response is "Because I don't want to be single the rest of my life." LOL.....I bring up the "red-head" part, because we discovered 2 weeks ago that there was a "National Kick a Ginger Day"(aka "Kick a Red Head Day") started, which was on November 20th. I have a whiteboard on my fridge that has a daily countdown to when I get to fly back home, and so under it I had a countdown to "Kick a Ginger Day". If you don't believe me, check out this link. http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20081120/BC_ginger_kicking_081120/20081120/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome
So Yes, when the 20th came around I did my greatest Bruce Lee impersonation.
Needless to say when I woke the next day and went out to the fridge, there is now a countdown to "Kick a Breeder Day", which is in regards to April and I having two kids born in the same Year. LOL.....
That brings up another funny story. So I called the Insurance company to put full coverage back on our car, now that April is there. And the agent told me that we get a discount due to our kids, and that all she needs are their birth dates. When I gave them Emmet and Weston's birthday, she said ummmm..... what's Weston's birthday again, because you just gave the same year for both. LOL......
When I can think of any more funny stories, I will make sure to post them. I have 4 exams starting with Pharm, Micro, and Path tomorrow. So wish me luck. If you see a post tomorrow afternoon with the title "Guess I'm Going to be a Nurse afterall", you'll know that they didn't go so well. :)
2 comments:
Ryan, hang in there and I know you can do it! I'm so proud of your effort your making to get where you want to be and taking care of your family. Happy Thanksgiving! We love you.
Ryan,
Thanks for letting April come home for a spell. Cliff and I are having a ball with the little rug rats. What beautiful kids. April and I have been having fun catching up and Sally and Tiffany are enjoying some sister time.
Love ya
Bonnie
Post a Comment