It's really beautiful over here on the east coast...or what I've seen so far. Lots of trees and green. It feels really fresh! I love to drive around and see all the colonial styled homes in beautiful aged brick or huge white homes with black shutters....I think that's how I want my home to be when we settle down. It's fun to hear accents here and there...that aren't foreign :) Tomorrow we will be attending our first Sunday in our new ward. My wonderful in-laws called ahead for us and found out everything for us (I'm NOT being sarcastic! It was a HUGE help!)...all I had to do was answer my phone and a gal from relief society was on the other line filling me in on the new ward. Turns out there are 5 other young couples in our ward...and my favorite part...each one has a 2 year old boy! So exciting! I hear nursery is something from WWF so Emmet will fit right in! I'll report more after...my fingers are crossed for a fun ward!
I did want to say though that I have the BEST family (both mine and Ryan's). They were so great to let us stay with them for like 2 months and drive us here and there, give us a wonderful Christmas, and just put up with us for so darn long...really! "Thank you" really seems so cliche....and not nearly as meaningful as I want it to be! But....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I feel so grateful to my parents for letting me have nervous breakdowns at their house...lol...and for them watching my boys so much. I don't know what I'd do without my mom and dad! Between moving across the country, gall-bladder removal surgery, moving again...across the country! I couldn't have done it without them! I'm also so thankful to have in-laws that really feel like "MY" family as well. I love that I can't relate when I hear friends and family talking about their "Crazy" mother-in-laws and family members because I love Ryan's family as much as I love my own!
It was such a wonderful experience getting to know them on a much more real level. I feel like I have another mom (Leslie, thank you so much for all the advice and fun talks!), more super fun and adorable sisters!, and another sweet brother! I'm so blessed! I love you all...and miss you all SO much! I didn't mean for this to turn into a soggy novel...lol...but it had to be said!
I know it's been forever since I've blogged and I'm not sure how to go about catching up...so here are just some random fun pics of the boys. Pictures are always the fun part anyway!
Em being a nut :)
Our little guys exploring the "sun room" that just happens to be ZERO degrees!
Wes is getting so grown up!
In our bedroom we have a jacuzzi tub and it's so deep.....I love it because I can sit in the room and not get drenched by every splash!
We've had quite a few people ask us if our little guys are twins (especially since we've been here)....they do look pretty close in size these days!
Every night we have "diaper time" and this is how the boys get....goofy, goofy, goofy! I just love it because they still look like babies with those diaper bums!
Wes eating his bedtime snack....wait...when isn't he snacking?
My two best buds, so dang cute.
These are a couple views from our bedroom...just out the window....I'm embarrassed to say that with the beach 100 yds away I haven't been down there! But it's SO unbelievably cold here! We're even going through and "Arctic Front," I saw it on the news! Haha!
Nonetheless, it is beautiful.....talk about one extreme to the other.....Cayman Islands is SO different!
4 comments:
Oh I am so glad you posted! I cannot believe you live so close to the beach! It will be so much fun when it warms up! And I know how terrible it must feel to move around and live out of a suitcase, but it'll allow you to enjoy settlement that much more! Hopefully we all end up back in WA!!! I love you guys tons and am so grateful for the time we had together over Christmas. Miss you lots!
Has the boys wonder if their ever going back to that warm island? Its wierd to see your boys in winter coats, after seeing them in shorts or swim suits thru your blog. Looks like their happy where they are. Enjoy being in new places and meeting new people. Just don't try to beat our moving record! April I too had to get my gall-bladder out and no fun. No wonder you hadn't blog. You poor thing. I'm glad your okay. Take care you two and have a fun adventure. Your Aunt
Okay, now you made me cry!! What sweet comments you shared and all I can say is dido...... It is priceless to have that time to get to really know someone better and I will always cherish our talks and everything else that we were able to share during your stay here over the holidays! Love my kids, grandkids and hubby more than life!! Adding another amazing daughter and two awesome sons, and four grandsons just adds so much more to my forever family!!
The view out your window of the ocean is amazing. Can't wait to see it myself! You, Ryan and boys are truly missed but know that all of these adventures you will have over these next few years, will be well worth it! Hang in there with the ward. Just think, you will have many funny stories to share over the years and your family is just what that ward needs!! Thanks for sharing from your heart and know that we love you all dearly!
Post a Comment