Feb 10, 2009

First day at the beach...

Yesterday was one of those days that we just needed to get out of the house and get some fresh air, so we bundled up and headed out to the beach. It was the warmest day we've had in quite awhile...a whopping 25 degrees (BRRR...as Emmet would say) and super sunny. The boys LOVED being outside waddling around the beach in their snow gear and chasing seagulls. This definitely isn't the Cayman Islands, though! I can't wait for spring to be here so we can spend more time out there, it's so beautiful.

On our way out to the beach it got pretty bright out and Emmet REFUSED to move! He was screaming "Mama, Eyes...OWWW!" LOL! Luckily Ryan left his shades in our car so we made a trip back and grabbed them and then all was well...Emmet and his shades! LOL!

Wes has been feeling pretty crummy the last few days. He's getting his last molar in and this fun little outing lifted his spirits a little :) Poor, baby.


Emmet was searching for seashells...well, maybe hermit crabs because he kept lifting the shells and turning them over to see what was inside. He didn't forget our little home in the islands yet!!! And..how funny to find shells in the snow!?


I just want to smooch all over this little guy! He is the cutest thing!

My little penguins wandering around...

Meee! Sorry, no makeup! What can I say, I'm a stay at home mom!

View of our Condos from the beach.

Wes, following his big brother...


I think this is my favorite picture. I love Em's small profile next to the big ocean and the light reflecting on the water is gorgeous! One day I'll get myself a really nice camera so I can learn more about photography! I LOVE taking pictures! As evident to all the pictures I'm posting!!!

Emmet was SO close to touching these seagulls...you'll get 'em next time bud!

2 comments:

The Lancaster Crew said...

I just love it when you blog! I have so much fun reading and learning about your little boys! Maine looks beautiful, how could you not be happy in such a beautiful place?! Your boys are adorable, and i bet you love to watch them play. I loved the pics of the boys sharing the apple...so so cute! Your condo looks awesome too, lucky you. Oh, and the cereal straws are awesome too...i love them!

Grandma and Grandpa Sainsbury said...

Wow, I don't know what place is prettier, the Caymans or Maine. I love the pictures of those little guys. I can just imagine that Emmet is pretty confused about the snow on the sand. And what the heck? Where are the hermit crabs.