Well, we finally bit the bullet and threw all the "babies" away! I am proud to say we are pacifier free and it is so nice! We bribed the boys by telling them that if they threw their pacifiers away (literally, they had to throw them away themselves!) they could pick out any truck they wanted from Toys R Us! I know it's bad to bribe, but after having had these things for this long (and they LOVE and are borderline obsessed with them) we had to make it worth their while! The first night was a little tough (hope you're catching the sarcasm)...Emmet asked for it a few times, whined, and cried at night but did way better than expected... Wes...*gasp*...good grief that boy is a diehard!!!! I was up ALOT with that one! He throws fits like I've never seen OR heard! I know our neighbors must've thought we were beating him! It was horrible!
The next day Emmet was over it! Wes would ask for his 'baby' and Emmet would tell him sympathetically: "Wes, babies all gone!" SUCH a good big brother!
It's now been 3 weeks since we've thrown them away. Emmet is doing awesome, naps aren't an everyday thing anymore...I miss them but it's not the end of the world...he's usually pretty happy anyway!
Weston...is STILL having a tough time! He's slowly gotten better but he's taking his sweet time...
A few days ago this is how I found Weston. Fast asleep in mid-play...what a turkey! This is without a doubt the most stubborn kid I have ever seen! He fights his sleep SO bad! Ugh! So, the struggle goes on...Cute little stinker!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment