Well, Ryan has finally reached the point in Medical School, where he gets to apply everything that he's learned the past 3 semesters. Yesterday, he had his midterm practical exam, where he was appointed a real patient and had to do a full exam, while one of the St. Matthews doctors stood over his shoulder grading his performance. Ryan was nervous all week, and had me "pretend" to be his patient (who had vision/hearing problems). I couldn't help but bust up laughing because he was trying to be all professional, but he did do a really great job ;) LOL... He was really nervous, because the MD grading him was the actual Pt-Dr Skills Medical Director at St. Matthews. But.... he found out that he passed with flying colors and is finally glad that its over.
I made him pose for me because he had to get all dressed up in Dr. attire. Pretty cute doctor, if you ask me :)
3 comments:
Pretty sharp looking if I must say so myself. I'm not just saying this because I am you mom, either!! You clean up pretty well, son! Proud of you and all that you are accomplishing. It helps to have great support for a beautiful, loving wife, too!! We can even throw in a couple cute boys, to make it even more eventful! Great job and thanks, April for posting the picture. I hate missing out on all of these important events. Thanks for sharing them with us! Love you guys!
Congratulations Ry! In nursing school we were graded on a dummy patient and our instructor would speak for them--totally awkward and difficult because it was unnatural. Here at the hospital they have a dummy that is completely simulated with pulses, breathe sounds, reactive pupils and everything. We did our ACLS on them which was intense. Working with real patients will always be the easiest though--whish is weird, and I'm not surprised you passed with flying colors. I think of you every day I work with a resident/intern/med student. Way to go!
Holy Cow Ryan! I hardly recognized you without your basketball shorts and Cougar shirt on. You look very smart.
So glad you are doing so well.
We are proud of you.
Post a Comment